Mushrooms flavored with Indian garam masalas, herbs and cooked with rice.
I name this dish as Ramani's Mushroom Pulao....As my friend Ramani taught me this dish a few days ago.
I came to know about this dish only when I visited her place for some getogether. ....I had no words to describe...when I had the first spoon of mushroom pulao, it was so very De-li-ci-ou-s....even when my stomach was shouting I m full, my tongue was craving more...:)
When I asked her for the recipe,,she herself came to my house and showed me this recipe when I had a potluck at my place. very sweet of her..:)
So here is the recipe from my friend that I am sharing with u all :)
Basmathi Rice -2 cups
Mushroom sliced - 1 1/2 cups
Mint/Pudina - 1 cup
Coriander leaves - Handful
Green chillies - 3-4
Onion - 1
Cloves - 6
Cinamon stick - 1 whole
Cardamom - 4
Bay leaves - 4
Curry leaves - 4
Shahjeera/kala jeera - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 Tbsp
Water - 3 cups
oil - 5 tbsp
Salt - 3 tsp
1. Wash rice and soak it for 15 min. Meanwhile, make a paste of mint and corainder and keep aside.
2. In a pan or cooker, heat oil, add shahjeera, cloves, cardamom, cinnamom stick, bay leaf and slit green chillies. When they splutter, add sliced onions and saute for a minute or two.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, mix well for a minute. Now add the mint-coriander paste and mix well.
4. Add in the mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. The mushrooms absorb the flavor and blen well with the rice.
5. Drain the water from rice and add rice into the pan/cooker. Saute by adding salt and then add 3 cups of water. close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
6. keep checking once in 5 minutes...when the rice is almost done(80%). put it on sim(very low flame) and close the lid and keep aside for 10 more minutes. (this stage is called dum)
7. Finally garnish it with coriander and serve hot with raitha or gravy :)