Cauliflower florets blended with mix veg toppings and Indian spices
A very tasty and interesting curry that goes well with any kind of Indian bread is Cauliflower or Potato curry.
I prefer taking lot of rich fiber food when it comes to the health factor. So I generally opt for either broccoli or cauliflower.
We find toppings on pizzas...ice creams.. and salads...
I thought why not use such toppings for our regular curry....I had this frozen mixed vege packet at home..that had corn,peas,carrots and beans...so I used this as a topping for my cauliflower curry.
Cauliflower - 1
Mixed veg - 1 cup
Chopped Onion - 1/2 cup
cumin powder - 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
Green chillies - 1 -2
Garlic - 3 flaks
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
cumin seeds- 1 tsp
oil - 2 Tbsp
1. Separate the cauliflower florets into small pieces and wash them gently and drain it.
2. In a pan , heat some oil and add mustard and cumin seeds. When they crackle add curry leaves, chillies,onions and finely minced garlic. Mix it and add the florets.
3. Add some salt and cover with a lid keeping the pan on medium flame and cook for 5 minutes.
4. now the cauliflower florets would be slightly tender. Now to this add , cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli powder. mix gently and add 1 cup of mixed veg (corn,peas, carrot).
5. cook it for 10 minutes. Give a final mix and garnish it with coriander or parsley.
Serve hot with any Bread, roti or hot rice