Fresh cauliflower florets mixed with Indian spices and lime juice for the tangy -spicy taste.
No wonder there are 100's of variations and varieties in pickles, Andhra pickles always taste spicy and lip smacking .
I first heard about cauliflower pickle in Hyderabad
When I made this pickle at home, Mahesh loved it extremely and finished one large bottle in just 1 week. Even today he insists me to do cauliflower pickle, when I say that I would try other pickle this time :)
The aroma of ginger- garlic enhances the taste of the pickle. Goes well with parathas and hot rice :)
This pickle was taught to me by my friend Kavita. Later we all gathered at one of my friends place at our apartment and made this pickle . We took step by step clicks, to publish in my blog.
I told them I would be posting it pretty soon but I took very long time, as my other posts were in queue :(
So today its the Cauliflower pickle turn.
Cauliflower - 1
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 cup
Salt - Little less than 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves - 8 - 10
Ginger 1 " - 4 -5
turmeric - 1 tsp
Lime - 1 (small - 2)
(To be roasted slightly and powdered)
Mustard seeds - 2 Tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 5 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
Dried red chillies - 5 -6
1) Separate the florets into small pieces , wash them properly and allow it to dry on a clean napkin cloth and put them in a large dry bowl.
2) Roast the above mentioned ingredients (mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds) and powder them. Grind ginger garlic to a coarse paste.
3) In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients. This helps to taste the mix and modify salt- chilli mixture according to your taste.
4) Add this mix to the florets.
5) Finally prepare the tempering and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Add this to the mixture , Squeeze lime juice and keep aside for a day.
6) The pickle leaves the juice and florets shrink a bit. Crispy, tangy and finger licking pickel will be ready .
Transfer this in an air tight jar and refrigerate it. Stays for about 1-2 weeks.