Corn kernels topped over creamy spinach puree and blended with aromatic flavors, to add spice to the dish!!!
I always have palak in my refrigerator and I make sure to include it in several dishes like for dals, curries and yes...in Palak paneer ofcourse..how can I miss this main dish :).
As paneer adds lot of fat, I thought of using peas or corn.
So, finally ended up with corn malai palak menu.
A very simple and delicious dish, similar to palak paneer.
Colorful combination - yellow and green :)
Palak / BabySpinach - 1 packet (2 bunches)
Green chillies - 4 to 5 (can add more)
Garlic pods - 4 to 5
Ginger 1" piece -3
Onion - 1
Fresh cream - 3 - 4 Tbsp (I used Lite cream)
Boiled Corn - 1 cup
Cumin and coriander powder - 1 Tbsp each
cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
Turmeric - a pinch
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Salt - as per taste
1. Blanching : Wash palak/spinach and put them in boiling water for 5 minutes / till it becomes dark color. Drain water and pour cold water on to it and keep aside. This is called blanching.2. Make a puree of it without adding water.
3. Coarsely make a paste of green chillies, garlic and ginger.
4. In a pan , add oil, cumin seeds. When they crackle , add onions, turmeric and saute till the onions become transparent and then add the above paste, cumin - coriander powder. Mix well.
5. Add the palak/ spinach puree. Cook for about 10 minutes. add corn to the curry and mix it gently. cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Turn of the gas and add the cream.
7. Garnish with a few corns and cream on top and serve hot with rotis. naans, kulchas ..:)