Rice fried with pineapple chunks,Cashews, flavored with soy and curry powder and finally garnished with spring onions n Coriander..!!! Truly veggie
Hmm sounds different for the first time listeners :). Even I had the same feeling but trust me when I had this at a Thai restaurant...I was pleasantly surprised by its taste and flavor.
We had pineapple at home and my husband generally includes pineapple in the salads and while baking. This time he thought of using it in a different way and so I suggested him to make my favourite thai fried rice.
He researched online...got some idea...mix and matched a few recipes and created his own :).
Believe me it was pretty decent and delicious for the first try itself.
The sweet and sour taste of pineapple makes this dish yummm..
Here is the recipe :-
Pineapple chunks - 2 cups (3/4 th of whole pineapple) / 1 can of pineapple ready made
Cashews - 1/2 cup (broken cashew)
Precooked rice - 3 cups ( if freshly cooked rice, keep aside for an hour)
onion - 1
green chillies - 2
Spring onions - 4
Soy sauce - 2 Tbsp
Curry powder - 1 Tbsp
garlic - 3 cloves
Coriander leaves - Garnishing
Salt - for taste
1) Add some olive oil in the precooked rice and mix it well, so that the grains are separated and keep it aside.
2) In a pan put some oil, saute onions till transparent, add chopped garlic, green chillies minced, mix it well and then add cashew nuts and fry it for a minute or two.
3) Now add the above rice and pineapple chunks together. Mix it gently and add soy sauce, curry powder and salt. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
4) Finally add finely chopped spring onions and coriander leaves. Garnish and serve hot :)
Options : 1) One can add 1 egg after the step2 and continue the process.
2) Add peas and grated carrot for the extra flavor